by Susie Gomez, Eligibility Supervisor
From my office today, I overheard Cherie Rosby conducting a phone interview. I can hear her every day, but for whatever reason, on this day it caught my attention. I think it was when I heard her ask the client (ever so kindly) “did I wake you up?” in the most sincere tone of voice. She went on to explain that it wouldn’t take long to do the interview and issue benefits if the client was eligible. Cherie talked to the client in a friendly and light manner, while covering every required aspect of the interview. I thought to myself “if I were on the other side of that line, I would actually enjoy being interviewed by this worker.”
Now that she had my attention, I decided to listen to the rest of Cherie’s interviews that day, and by the end of the day I was glowing with pride. Cherie often told the client “bear with me” while entering information in to CalWIN, and at one point said something to the effect that her computer was running at a snail’s pace. Each interview went the same as the first: light yet professional, friendly and helpful.
I just want everyone to know that we have a gem over here at the Laurel office. She is as kind to the staff as she is to our clients, and I appreciate her hard work and team spirit.
Thank you Cherie!