![]() |
| Aimee Proietty |
Hi Aimee. I have a client who has no phone and is homeless and is somewhat helpless -- but he has a friend, and she has been helping me get messages back and forth to him. Recently, she even filled out a Third Party Report for him and helped him do his reports; if she hadn't, it would have been too late. She’s also been keeping an eye on him at the Day Center. Today, while asking her to pass a message to him, I told her how much I appreciate her help...and she said that she is paying forward the help she received when she had an SSI Advocate some years ago. That Advocate was you!
It's because of you that she was able to help him with his reports. She was very concerned and said you would have done a much better job, but she got it done. I thought you would like to know how your help is still making a difference for someone you’ve never even heard of, my client, as well as for her. You filed her claim in 2015 and 4 years later, she is now in a place where she can help someone else instead of having to depend on welfare (she is getting SSDI) and a social worker.
So, pat yourself on the shoulder – you done good! And [name] wants me to say hello to you and tell you she's doing fine. Thanks Aimee!
