Introduction by Nancy Saengaeng, Division Chief:
We're sharing this uplifting story and kudos to Luis Beltran and Brent Hamashita for making a difference in our clients' lives. Brent is our new AmeriCorps placement. He is here to assist with our Housing program and he's making an impact already! If you have not met Brent, please stop by cubicle #151 (CDR) to say hello and introduce yourself.
Not every day do we get a letter from a client expressing gratitude (sometimes it is the opposite). When we do, I like to share it with you to remind you how important your job is and how many people rely on you each and every single day. The client below could not have been so housed quickly without help from Luis and Brent! Click "Read more" below to read the client's letter.
Good Morning Luis.
It feels like it's been so long since I signed this lease, but it's only been one week! The equipment for Cox internet arrived on Friday and as I went to connect it to the cable, I realized that there wasn't an outlet with a cable cord. It had been cut off so I called and made an appointment for someone to come out and install the cable outlet. Just finished doing that, setting up all the devices and scanning in the lease. I've attached it for you to review. Let me know if you have any questions.
We are still slowly moving in and getting comfortable. I really like this area, and the kids are adjusting just fine and seem to like the area too. My youngest has her best friend a few blocks away. My 16-year-old likes to stay home, and has set up a chair on the balcony and loves to sit out there at night and watch the people and cars go by. It's nice and busy and noisy and much more our lifestyle than the quiet and dark neighborhood where we had stayed with my friend. There is plenty of space here for the three of us, and it feels really good to finally have a place of our own after 14 years of living with other people.
I finally received a payment from EDD on the 17th for $1100 for the past 2 weeks. I have to wait for notices to be mailed to explain how this decision was made and what to do about the past 4 months of not being paid.
This has been quite an adventure. I'm glad it's starting to feel that way at least...instead of devastating and heartbreaking. I just hope and beg the universe to let the rest of this adventure be a smooth ride, because the bumps and off-roading we just went through scared the crap out of me. I think I've learned some valuable lessons very late in life, but I hope my daughters learned them also and don't make the same mistakes I did.
Thank God for the team behind us over there at Social Services! You kept the light shining for me when I felt alone in the dark. Thank you again for pushing me, not cutting me off, and not letting me settle for cockroaches!
Have a nice day Luis. Let me know what else to expect or what I need to do. I'm still bulldozing through my storage and pulling out what we need and collecting what we don't have. We are comfortable for now...just little things needed that I'm sure will turn up soon.