by Arasely Aguilar, EW II
I just wanted to share a positive moment I had with Yolanda yesterday, if I may.
There was a bit of confusion on the ICT process. I noticed I was receiving a couple in the last few months which didn’t seem right. With all the changes occurring, I figured this was one of them and I needed to get on board. I asked Maria if I could join the CW ICT portion of training which Dania and Alma were completing. I attended training and went on my way ready for the next ICT I would get.
Yesterday there was a client coming from Monterey County that was a bit frustrated because she was given inaccurate info from her previous worker in Monterey. To make a long story short, Yolanda asked what the process was. I told her and she thanked me!
The next sentence I heard in her soft voice was, “Thank you for taking the initiative on learning the ICT process.” I know she said more to me, but I was surprised to get that reaction that everything else was a warm fuzzy blur. Meaning, she acknowledged the POSITIVE in the situation and gave me MY kudos. That put a smile on my face and turned what began as a stressful day into one which made me feel like an asset.
The client was taken care of and is good. Just felt like sharing. Thank you.
