Friday, June 9, 2023

Kudos for Janet Harrison, Cynthia Loza, Claudia Velazquez

Janet Harrison and Claudia Velazquez

Dear Dario Predazzi,

This is a note to say how much I was helped by, and appreciate the assistance of, Janet Harrison, in charge of a unit that determines entitlements for CalFresh applicants at the Santa Barbara County Department of Social Services.

In spite of the obvious and expected “glitches” in the new phone and computer systems that were impairing my ability to get into the CalFresh program, Miss Harrison got involved to quickly and efficiently take care of me. The world would do well to have more of her kind. I hope you give her the recognition she deserves.

I also think kudos are in order for Cynthia Loza on the switchboard, who then got me to Claudia Velasquez (supervisor of clerical), and through their help, put me in touch with Miss Harrison.

This was a lucky day for me, as I am now a CalFresh recipient. Thanks to all! 

—Client Name Withheld