Monday, April 22, 2024

Appreciates Farmworker Resource Center

by Ambassador Ricardo Santana Velázquez

Dear Mr. Nielson and Mr. Servin:

I am writing to express my sincere appreciation for the efforts made by Proyecto Campesino [a.k.a. the Farmworker Resource Center], led by César Guerrero, and his team, including Ramón Ramírez, Letty Santiago, and Peggy Salas de Aguilar, in organizing our mobile consulate event on April 13 and 14 in the city of Santa Maria, California. All provided assistance with kindness and cordiality to both the audience and all Consulate staff during the event. I also want to express my appreciation for planning future mobile consulates in the same location.

The coordination provided by Proyecto Campesino was instrumental in the successful execution of last weekend's event. In a city with a significant population of Mexican origin, particularly agricultural workers, it is crucial to pay attention to those who are unfortunately among the least favored. It is a priority for our consulate to provide them with support not only in the issuance of documents such as passports or consular identifications but also to provide them with legal assistance, medical, educational, and financial inclusion services.

It is worth noting the commitment of the Santa Barbara County agencies convened by Proyecto Campesino, who provided comprehensive coverage of these services during the event. Their participation was essential in meeting the needs of our community, and their support is invaluable to us.

Once again, I express my gratitude for your collaboration and ongoing support in organizing our mobile consulates. I hope that this close collaboration will continue to strengthen for the benefit of our fellow citizens.

I remain at your disposal for any future collaboration that may arise for the benefit of our Mexican origin community.