Wednesday, March 5, 2025

Mari Butler provides compassionate service

 


By [Client name redacted]


I had the privilege of being interview by Ms. Mari Butler to determine my eligibility for certain benefits, including CalFresh, Medi-Cal, and others.

I seldom am so impressed by someone's level of service that I feel compelled to write and acknowledge that. This is one of those rare instances.

Ms. Butler was incredibly professional and well-informed throughout the entire interview. At the outset, she clearly articulated a "road map" for the process and content of the interview. She exhibited complete dignity, and for questions that had the potential to induce embarrassment or shame, she was entirely respectful and non-judgmental. Throughout, she was very patient and answered all my questions with clarity. Her tone was of genuine compassion, and I clearly felt she was empathetic to those of us who are struggling financially. She provided all the knowledge, resources and deadlines I need to navigate the ongoing process. At all times I felt sincerely respected and honored.

In closing, I want to thank you and the Department of Social Services for having so professional and compassionate a representative as Ms. Butler. She is truly outstanding and the very personification of excellence - tribute to your department.