Monday, July 11, 2022

DSS director to be interim PHD head

by Daniel Nielson, Director

I will be overseeing the Public Health Department as Interim Director while the County recruits for a new Public Health Director.

While being the Interim Director of Public Health I will continue to be the Director of Social Services.

I volunteered for this assignment to be helpful to one of our fellow Health and Human Service Departments and to the CEO. As we all exemplify in our work, we help each other out when and where we can, and that is all I am doing. I will not be applying for this position. I anticipate that this temporary additional assignment will end in December or January once a new permanent Public Health Director is in place.

Thank you for being such a great team and for making DSS so strong that I have the bandwidth to do this.